Business value consulting teams in a sales organization can use real-time awareness to ensure they’re contributing to the most impactful deals and help reduce potential discounting.
In these teams, there is a high volume of opportunities in flight at any given time, and specialists need to ensure they are aligned to the most important opportunities in their region. Especially in early stages, business value consultants engage with opportunities to accelerate the sales cycle, and since these opportunities ebb and flow, it’s critical to connect into them and support early efforts where needed.
The business value consultants stay aware of all relevant deal flow without needing to repeatedly refresh dashboards and reports. This keeps their time allocated to the most productive and valuable opportunities, helping increase the sales team’s overall opportunity win rate and deal size.
- Expedite Month-end Sales Quote Updates
- Accelerate Sales Quote Exception Approvals
- Reduce Order Processing Delays
The Salesforce application will be leveraged in this usage scenario, however you can apply this process to other CRM applications with some customization.
PagerDuty is used to connect the Salesforce opportunity data stream, addressed to a single email address, to the entire business value consulting team. The team lead can self-serve and manage team membership, and all opportunities can also be displayed in the team’s shared Slack or MS teams channel.
Here is what the PagerDuty notification looks like:
Need a different solution to solve the same business problem? We're here to help. Contact [email protected] and we’ll be in touch!
- Have each business value consultant configure their user notifications accordingly so they can be immediately alerted through their preferred choice via phone.
- Place the entire team on a Schedule called “Business Value Consultant Team” adding and designating shifts amongst them.
- Lastly, add the schedule to an escalation policy called “Business Value Consultant Team” to complete the notification setup. You can optionally place a manager as an added escalation point in case business value consultants do not respond to the opportunities within a reasonable amount of time.
- To add the integration to a new service, navigate to Services → Service Directory and click +New Service.
- Name your Service “High Impact Sales Opportunity Awareness” along with a description.
- On the Assign screen, click Select an Existing Escalation Policy, and search for “Business Value Consultant Team” configured above on the dropdown.
- On the Integrations screen, select Email from the search bar, dropdown or from our most popular integrations list.
- Once you are done entering your service settings, click Create Service.
- You will now be in the service’s integrations tab. Copy your integration email and keep it in a safe place for later use.
- Set up a workflow rule to construct logic into which types of sales opportunities the business value consulting team needs to be aware of.
- Tie the workflow rule to an email alert, inserting the PagerDuty email integration address into the Additional Emails field.
- Lastly, build an email template tied to the email alert to add in additional field data from Salesforce records into the PagerDuty notification that will be displayed in the opportunity.
Updated 10 months ago