Delays in orchestrating unplanned interview updates (such as a candidate needing to reschedule) may cause losing a candidate due to the lag time, and overtime, operational burnout from the recruiting team. There is no effective system in place to orchestrate between recruiters and recruiting coordinators to immediately take action upon last-minute changes to an interview schedule. These critical notices may get lost in an always-full inbox, causing interviewers to attend cancelled meetings. At any given time, there is also a high volume of requests and transactions taking place, which makes these last-minute updates more prone to being completely missed.
Through PagerDuty’s notification and orchestration capabilities, last-minute scheduling changes are routed to the proper recruiting coordinators so that they can be taken action immediately. In the long-term, this will decrease the recruiting department’s time-to-fill hiring metrics, give recruiters more time recruiting, and open up the ability for them to take on additional strategic responsibilities.
PagerDuty is leveraged to send real-time notifications to recruiting coordinators whenever a candidate lets a recruiter know that they need to cancel or reschedule an interview. The recruiter lets the coordinator know by sending an email over, and the coordinator responding to the request demonstrates ownership by getting notified immediately, replying to the recruiter that they’ve received the request, and lastly changing interview logistics on the hiring candidate’s calendar.
Here is what the PagerDuty notification looks like:
Need a different solution to solve the same business problem? We're here to help. Contact [email protected] and we’ll be in touch!
- Have each recruiting coordinator configure their user notifications accordingly so they can be immediately alerted through their preferred choice via phone.
- Place the entire team on a schedule, called “Recruiting Coordinating Team” adding coordinators and designating shifts amongst them.
- Lastly, add the schedule to an escalation policy called “Recruiting Coordinating Team” to complete the notification setup. A manager can optionally be placed as an additional escalation point if the request is approaching SLA (configured as the escalation policy timeout), to act as a backup resource and remind coordinators to respond.
- To connect emails to PagerDuty, navigate to Services → Service Directory and click +New Service.
- Name your service “Recruiting Operations - Interview Updates” along with a description.
- On the Assign screen, click Select an Existing Escalation Policy, and search for the "Recruiting Coordinators Team" configured above on the dropdown.
- On the Integrations screen, select Email from the search bar, dropdown or from our most popular integrations list.
- Once you are done entering your service settings, click Create Service.
- You will now be in the service’s integrations tab. Copy your integration email address and have recruiters leverage this for any unplanned interview updates thats recruiting coordinators need to take care of immediately.
Updated about 1 month ago