💼 Business Problem
- What is the business problem or pain point that you’ve solved with PagerDuty?
- Who feels that pain, and how does it impact your business?
- What are the negative consequences from not solving this business problem?
🙌 What Success Looks Like
- What are the positive business outcomes from solving this business problem through PagerDuty?
🛠 Related Guides
Links to other guides if applicable.
⚙️ How It Works
- For the people and systems involved in this workflow, which departments or teams do they belong? What are their job titles?
- What are the different parts of PagerDuty that are involved in this workflow?
ℹ️ Step-by-Step Setup
Feel free to write your own steps, or leverage the boilerplate below in case your setup follows a similar structure. Replace the bolded and capitalized terms with the correct information.
Set Up Your Team
- Have each TEAM MEMBER configure their user notifications accordingly so they can be immediately alerted through their preferred choice via phone.
- Place the entire team on a schedule called TEAM NAME, adding TEAM MEMBERS and designating shifts amongst them.
- Lastly, add the schedule to an escalation policy called TEAM NAME to complete the notification setup. You can optionally place a manager as an added escalation point in case requests are not acted upon by TEAM MEMBERS within a reasonable amount of time.
Connect APPLICATION to PagerDuty
- To add the APP to PagerDuty, navigate to Services → Service Directory and click +New Service.
- Name your service SERVICE NAME along with a description.
- On the Assign screen, click Select an Existing Escalation Policy, and search for EP NAME configured above on the dropdown.
- On the Integrations screen, select Email from the search bar, dropdown or from our most popular integrations list.
- Once you are done entering your service settings, click Create Service.
- You will now be in the service’s Integrations tab. Copy your integration email and keep it in a safe place for later use.
Write the remaining configuration steps.
Updated over 1 year ago